Chipboard is a type of paper stock made from recycled fibers pressed together to make a sturdy sold material. It’s very durable and is widely used from industrial and commercial businesses to personal applications.
FACTS ABOUT CHIPBOARDS
Chipboard is a very interesting type of paper with how widely used it is but at the same time how people don’t really know much about it. Well, here are some things you need to know about chipboard.
- It’s NOT Cardboard.Chipboard may appear very similar to a cardboard but unlike the latter it’s a non-corrugated paper material. It’s denser and more packed internally and not hollow like cardboard.
- Measurement. Chipboard is very different amongst paper stocks in that it’s categorized by how thick it is. It is measured in inches and the higher the number the thicker the chipboard is. There may be different ways it is referred to ex. 0.03 thick, 30pt or 0.03 caliper chipboard but it all basically means that it’s 0.03 inches thick.
- Densities. Chipboard ranges widely in densities, from low-density chipboards widely used in the backing of notepads or paper pads to a much thicker covers of hardbound books to floor boards. Because of this, it makes chipboard a very versatile and adaptable paper.
- Sizes and Colors. There are many sizes available for chipboards. It might come in standard paper sheet sizes or pre-cut shapes and letters. It has many options for colors as well.
- Cost Effective and Eco-Friendly. Because it’s made from recycled fiber, chipboards are a great alternative to other popular materials of similar use. This paper stock can be mass produced without taking too much from the environment.
USES OF CHIPBOARDS
Chipboard is a type of paperboard which is formed using recycled paper that is then pressed and glued together to make a solid, larger structure. The finished product can vary in thickness from very thin to very thick depending on its intended use. Because it’s made from reclaimed materials, chipboard is very affordable without sacrificing quality and more importantly, it’s sustainable which is great for the environment. Here are some of the most popular uses of chipboards.
Chipboard that is usually used for packaging is made from lightweight to medium weight type and additionally can be used as a cushioning material to protect items and keep it stable and still during the shipping process. Chipboard are used in many businesses industries for packaging including cereal, tissue and fruit snack boxes to beauty products, children’s toys and board games and electronics.
SCRAPBOOKING AND COVERS
Due to its versatility, chipboards are quite popular. It offers an incredible range of uses including gifts and business tags and labels, arts and crafts, posters and prints, photo mats, albums, picture frames, coasters, play mats for kids, art decors, sound-proofing and many other do-it-yourself projects that you can think of!
ARTS AND CRAFTS
POSTERS AND PRINTS
CHECK OUT OUR TOP-OF-THE-LINE PRODUCTS
Here at Fine Cardstock, you’ll find chipboard in a variety of colors, including black, white, and brown. We have many sizes to choose from!
Perfect for your custom paper and art projects.
Our products are made from acid and lignin free materials which prevents yellowing and brittleness over time.
Archival safe and excellent for long-term use.