The term “RSVP” comes from the French word “répondez, s’il vous plaît,” which means “please reply”. An RSVP Card which usually comes with the Invitation are used by the hosts to get confirmation from a guest if they will be attending the event.
While some couples opt for a more casual invitation, preferring a response through call, email or a personal written note but for more a formal wedding event a Response Card might be required. Thankfully, there are a lot of available and convenient RSVP template to match the theme and setting for your wedding!
There are a wide variety of designs that are suited for casual to a more formal wedding but below is a common style you will find in RSVP Cards.
While there isn’t exactly a “correct” way of writing a response card there are necessary details you must include.
- RSVP Reply Due Date. Below are few ways you can request the RSVP Date.
- Your reply is requested by October 20th
- Please respond by October 20th
- RSVP by October 20
- The favor of a reply is requested on or before October 20th
- Kindly respond by October 20
- Guests Name. The M in the reply card is meant to signify the first letter of the formal salutation (Mr., Mrs., Miss or Ms.) followed by the name of the guest and if applicable, the name of the spouse and children who will also be attending.
- Accept or Decline Checkbox. Checkbox for whether the guest will be attending the wedding or not.
- Number of Attendees. Great for inviting a large number of families with children and knowing the exact guest count to plan for the menu, seating chart, place cards and other details.
Things to Consider
- Make the RSVP Deadline 2 to 3 weeks before the wedding. It will give you an ample time to contact anyone who hasn’t replied, give a final head count to your caterers, finalize the seating chart and apply the finishing touches to centerpieces and other decors.
- Numbering your guest list and writing the corresponding number on the back of each rsvp card may solve the problem of guests forgetting to write their names and illegible name writing.
- Adding a return address, possibly with contact details (phone number and email), and stamping on the envelope will help the guest send easily their rsvp cards back to you.
- Make sure the return address is the address of the person responsible for gathering the cards and keeping track of the guest list.
Check out our collection of beautiful and elegant RSVP Cards and Envelopes!
Click the image to go to page.
We also offer Self-mailing Response/Return Postcard. No envelopes required.